BONA FIDE MARINE
Marine Surveyors & Consultants
Bona Fide Marine is a successor of “Captain G.A Chettle & Associates”, a reputable Marine Surveying and Consulting Firm, Durban branch, which was formed in 1953.
Bona Fide Marine is a Closed Corporation type of company, registered in South Africa, Registration No. CK 98 56501/23.
- Flag State Inspector : Panama, Bahamas, Barbados, Togo, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Class Surveyor: Panama Shipping Registrar Inc., ICS Class (Panama), China Corporation Registrar Shipping(Taiwan), International Ship Classification Pte Ltd (Singapore), Guardian Bureau of Shipping (Syria), Conarina (USA) , Royal Bureau of Shipping (Ukraine).
- Other Clients : Höegh Autoliners, Mitsui OSK Lines, Saipem Luxemburg S.A, Anadarko Petroleum, SMB Offshore, KCA Duetag, Bureau Veritas.
- 1982 – 1993 : At sea, deck officer.
- 1993 – 1994 : Keeley Stevedoring, Richards Bay.
- 1994 – 1999 : Marine Surveyor at Captain G.A. Chettle(Durban).
- 1999 – present : Owner / Director of Bona Fide Marine(Marine Surveying & Consulting – Durban & Southern Africa).
- 2005 – 2016 : Shareholder & Managing Director of Bureau Veritas Marine Surveying (Pty) Ltd.(Durban & Southern Africa).
- 2016 – present : Owner / Director of Thor Marine Independent Marine Services cc(Richard Bay & Southern Africa).
- 2017 – present : Indian Ocean Ship Agency(Southern African Ports).
- Person in Charge of the operations
- 24 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying
- Further 16 years managerial experience in Ship’s Agency operations
- Further 10 years experience in shore-based marine businesses
- Sea Going Deck Officer
26 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying, including in leading international Marine Surveying companies. – Responsible for maintenance of relevant International Inspection Standards, Procedures, Methods, etc.
Person in Charge of the operations – 24 years managerial experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying – Further 16 years managerial experience in Ship’s Agency operations – Further 10 years experience in shore-based marine businesses – Sea Going Deck Officer
11 years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying – Further 9 years managerial experience in marine cargo warehousing – Further 5 years managerial experience in stevedoring – Qualified Submariner
Administrator ~ Accounts
20 years experience in Marine Industry.
10 Years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying – Further 4 years experience land surveying (stockpile surveys, 3D modelling, etc.) – Further 2 years experience in metal scrap management.
In addition to the above full time employees, a network of Approved Sub-Contractors is used from time to time in all South African Ports (names are available on request).
The extensive list of other regular Clients in Southern Africa includes:
Ship Owners / Managers / Charterers
Other international and local Marine Surveying companies