BONA FIDE MARINE
Marine Surveyors & Consultants
Bona Fide Marine surveyors complete, over the last several years, various marine inspections/surveys on more than 100 ships each month, mostly in Durban and Richards Bay Harbours, but also in other Southern African Ports and wider.
- Flag State Inspector : Panama, Bahamas, Barbardos, Togo, Jamaica, Sierra Leone, St. Kitts & Nevis.
- Class Surveyor: Panama Shipping Registrar Inc., ICS Class (Panama), China Corporation Registrar Shipping (Taiwan), International Ship Classification Pte Ltd (Singapore), Guardian Bureau of Shipping (Syria), Conarina (USA) , Royal Bureau of Shipping (Ukraine)
- Other Clients : Höegh Autoliners, Mitsui OSK Lines, Saipem Luxemburg S.A, Anadarko Petroleum, SMB Offshore, KCA Duetag, Bureau Veritas, etc.
- 1982 - 1993 : At sea, deck officer.
- 1993 - 1994 : Keeley Stevedoring, Richards Bay.
- 1994 - 1999 : Marine Surveyor at Captain G.A. Chettle (Durban)
- 1999 - present : Owner / Director of Bona Fide Marine (Marine Surveying & Consulting - Durban & Southern Africa)
- 2005 - 2016 : Shareholder & Managing Director of Bureau Veritas Marine Surveying (Pty) Ltd. (Durban & Southern Africa)
- 2016 - present : Owner / Director of Thor Marine Independent Marine Services cc (Richard Bay & Southern Africa)
- 2017 - present : Indian Ocean Ship Agency (Southern African Ports)
- Terrance Govender (Marine Surveyor) - 18 years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying
- Turfin Appana (Marine Surveyor) - 7 years experience in all aspects of Marine Surveying
- Pragalathan Naidoo (Marine Surveyor) - 14 years experience in all aspects of Motor Vehicle Inspections
- Adrian Roskruge (Marine Surveyor) - 14 years experience in all aspects of Motor Vehicle Inspections
- Capt. Dave King (Marine Surveyor - Consultant) - 19 years experience in General Marine Surveying - Further 19 years experience in Bureau Veritas Ship’s Classification Surveying
- Netisha Mijan (Secretary - Administrator) - 19 years experience in Marine Industry
- Bona Fide Marine is a long-standing member of Durban Chamber of Trade Industry.
- Bona Fide Marine is a long-standing contributor to National Sea Rescue Institute.
ClientsThe extensive list of other regular Clients in Southern Africa includes:
- Ship’s Agents: Wilhelmsen Ships Services, Panargo Shipping, LBH Group, Rennies Ships Agency, Mentor Shipping, etc.
- Ship Owners/Managers: Hoegh Autoliners, MOL, etc.
- Other international and local Marine Surveying companies (P & I Associates, Bureau Veritas, SGS, Control Union and others).
- The Bahamas Maritime Authority
- Barbados Ships Registry
- China Corporation Register of Shipping (Taiwan)
- Maritime Authority of Jamaica
- International Classification Registry (Singapore) Pty Ltd
- Panama Maritime Authority
- Panama Shipping Registrar Inc.
- Guardian Bureau of Shipping (Syria)
- Sierra Leone International Shipping Registry
- St. Kitts & Nevis International Ships Registry
- ICS Class (Panama)
- Royal Bureau of Shipping (Ukraine)